Meridian Upholstery Limited’s Terms & Conditions
The terms laid out below apply to all work undertaken or manufactured by Meridian Upholstery Limited. Placement of an order indicates full acceptance of these terms. As all our products are hand crafted there will inevitably be variation from piece to piece. This is not a defect and should be deemed a unique characteristic of that piece. Whilst all hand made products have a general tolerance of what constitutes a fault or a problem, the high standard of workmanship that Meridian Upholstery Limited are committed to, keeps any such tolerance to a minimum.
- Any defect, fault or damage must be raised with ourselves within 7 days of receipt of your order. Failure to do so will exonerate Meridian Upholstery Limited from any liability arising.
- Your warranty covers any defect, fault or damage we believe to be caused by us. Your warranty is only valid once your order has been paid for in full. We will not undertake any remedial work until such payment is made. Any delay in payment will delay any such work.
- There will be an additional charge of 3% if payment is made by credit card (mastercard).
- Only items and details specified on your quotation will be completed by Meridian Upholstery limited. Please retain your original quotation document for reference and contact us prior to delivery.
- Any misuse or damage caused by yourselves is not covered under our warranty.
- A minimum 20% deposit payment would be required on all orders and final payment is to be made upon or prior to delivery. Late payment may attract an additional fee of 2% of the original sum.
- The time scale given is an estimation and subject to change, we allow a minimum of three weeks to carry out any works. We will endeavour to complete every order within the time allocated. Any additional repairs that maybe needed may cause delay. Our commitment to producing work of the highest standard will take precedence over re-delivery. We will try our utmost best to keep you fully informed of any such changes.
- Should you wish to provide your own covering materials please be advised that they will not be covered under our warranty, sufficient material should be purchased in order to complete the work and the onus on is on the customer to ensure that it conforms to the necessary regulations relating to its final usage.
- Where a checked, striped or patterned fabric is used, additional fabric may be required to ensure pattern matching.
- An estimated delivery time will be stated once an item is collected normally 2-3 weeks, however a minimum of 3 weeks will be taken to accurately complete orders, if we can return products earlier than expected we will inform you prior to delivery. Once an item is complete and notified to the customer, delivery to/collection by the customer must be within 7 days. Storage charges after this time may be applied.
- Order Cancellation regulations- Cancellations can only be accepted within 7 days from date of order. However, if you cancel all or part of your order, you will be charged 25% of the value of the cancelled item[s]. Cancellation after this 7 day period will be subject to full loss of deposit. Where goods are already in production, full payment will be sought. Due to the nature of ‘made to order’ bespoke goods, we cannot accept cancellation of such products either before or after delivery. This also applies to special orders including cut fabrics. To cancel an order, you must inform us in writing.
- The customer shall be liable to pay all costs, fees, disbursements and charges including all legal fees and costs incurred by Meridian Upholstery Limited in the recovery of any unpaid invoices.
- Data Protection and Confidentiality- All personal data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any information you provide will remain safe and secure. All confidential information, including credit card details, are held securely and only transmitted in encrypted form. We do not sell or share personal information with any third party.
- Consumer Rights- None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
- For any bespoke orders we would allow a 15mm tolerance on dimensions. This is due to the fact of them being hand made bespoke products and that fabric/ leather thickness differs, the foam density and how each upholsterer pulls the covers (unless specifically stated that the product is to fit in a specific space and must be the exact dimensions given).